Sunday, April 24, 2011

The store is a hotspot. Over the years it has drawn our sort and other sorts to this area. I wish Stephen and Alex would have come up with this idea when Anthony and I were kids, instead of just, you know, forcing us to blend into what was available. I wish Jenit had stuck around long enough to see Anthony stand out among those who might be considered unusual.

Shit, though- he probably knew it all along. I wish he’d been stronger, then. He was so damn likeable.

But my fathers chose what they chose, and so I am fairly adaptable. I can make a hat and bag out of anything, and when the components are good, well, everyone wants one or both.

I waited what I felt to be an appropriate amount of time to try and hook Anthony up with someone. I did. I waited years. Jenit is a hard act to follow. I understand that.

Also, I admit that the first few guys I threw into his path were not perfect for him. Yes, they were pretty boho wannabes. Okay, I apologize to the world. They were pretty, though. Fascinating is never easy, right? To my credit, not one of them looked a bit like Jenit. I did try that hard.

And I admit that it might be a bit twisted to try so hard to throw your brother into a relationship. Fuck it, no I don’t. Anthony is happier when he’s with someone. That’s my theory.

When Jenit was around Anthony actually engaged with the people around him. He grinned like a fool. His voice was louder. He occasionally got up to mischief. He neglected to police me as hardcore as Stephen has always expected. I miss that.

I’m trying to build a really good motherfucking hat here. A better hat, when the old hat was just fanfuckingtastic.

Anyway, I liked Ben as a component from the first time he walked into the store.


No comments:

Post a Comment